About this section:
In the course of one day, we experience so many emotions. Some,
such as genuine love and compassion, are valuable. Others, such
as attachment, anger, closed-mindedness, pride and jealously, disturb
our mental peace and lead us to act in ways that hurt ourselves
and others. These pieces help us to examine our disturbing attitudes
and negative emotions and to explore some antidotes to pacify and
The Poisonous Attitude Of Anger
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Harvard University, USA, April 2005
The Poisonous Attitude of Anger [49 min] : Download
Venerable Chodron talks about how anger poisons our happiness and makes us do things that poison the happiness of others. She explains how we describe a situation to ourself determines our experience. She also talks about how to deal with anger related to abuse.
Q&A [35 min] : Download
- What techniques are there to change patterns of attachment?
- How can we deal with loneliness and changing relationships?
- Can you talk about the meditation techniques to develop compassion?
- What are the ways to develop loving-kindness?
- Can you talk about attachment?
- What about anger and assertiveness?
- How can you change patterns of hostility?
Back to Top