Teachings on Karma
Venerable Thubten Chodron
Dharma Friendship Foundation, Seattle, Washington, USA
30 April - 1 May 2006
Part 1 (30 April 2006) [52 minutes] Download mp3 file
- Venerable Chodron explains karma, the 4 characteristics of karma,
destructive and constructive actions.
Part 1 (30 April 2006) Questions and Answers [15 minutes] Download mp3 file
- What is the difference between the remediation of precepts for a
monastic and a lay practitioner?
- Do we create karma when watching movies?
- Taking precepts if you are prone to feeling guilty.
- Can you explain the precept to not sing or dance?
- In regard to karma created with a spiritual intent, does it matter if you are
Buddhist or non-Buddhist?
Part 2 (1 May 2006) [33 minutes] Download mp3 file
- Venerable Chodron continues her talk on karma including how we can work with karma to create the kind of situations we want. She also explains the parts of a completed karma and the different types of karmic results.