Buddha's Life and Mahayana
©Venerable Thubten Chodron
Dharma Friendship Foundation, Seattle, Washington, USA
31 May 2007
Part 1: Buddha's Life
[46 minutes] : Download mp3 file
Part 2: Four Signs of a Mahayana Practitioner
- Joyous Effort
[26 minutes] : Download mp3 file
Part 3 Q&A: Explanation of "Mahayana-ist"
- Patience and Equanimity
- Difference between aspiring and expecting
- Shame and regret
- Expectation and entitlement
- How many Buddhas are there?
- When do we become "Mahayana-ists"?
- What is emptiness?
- Wrestling with afflictions
- Buddha's life and our practice
- What is meant by the middle way?
- What if your family does not support you?
[22 minutes] : Download mp3 file